It’s the Superbowl of Republican politics!
I forgot that Carson is still in the debate. I thought withdrew from the race. Or was that just some Ted Cruz lies?
* Seems to me like the introduction of the candidates wasn’t organized well. Trump and Carson didn’t know they were supposed to come out, and they forgot about Kasich. Amateur hour?
* First question for Trump. The nuclear button question. Trump said he wouldn’t have gone into Iraq.
* Cruz is copying Trump’s talking points about Obama not mentioning the name of the enemy. And Cruz DECLINES the opportunity offered by the moderator to attack Trump.
* Trump mocks Cruz for backing down instead of attacking him! That’s great!
* Carson is asked about Cruz’s deceptive campaign literature saying that Carson had dropped out. Carson’s answer is rambling. “I’m not going to attack Cruz. BUT. He has Washington ethics.”
* And Cruz responds with a laboriously detailed explanation of the event and an apology.
* Rubio gets a real softball question allowing him to use his prepared talking points. And he seems to get a lot of applause for it.
* Christie takes the opportunity to slam Rubio. Like a big fat man slapping around a little boy.
* Christie says that Rubio used a memorized thirty-second speech. Maybe Christie read my blog today.
* Now Bush is given an opportunity to attack Rubio. Bush rambles and it’s hard to figure out what his point is.
* Kasich promises amnesty within 100 days if elected.
* Christie reveals himself as a Mets fan (waying he fought the Democrats in his state). Meanwhile, Rubio refuses to honestly talk about his “Gang of Eight” bill.
* Trump says the insurance companies are getting rich on Obamacare and he will replace it with something better.
* Trump is asked about eminent domain. Which is something that only nerds care about. 98% of voters never even heard of the term. Trump makes an amazing speech.
And what Trump said about eminent domain is what I have always thought about it. I don’t understand why conservatives think eminent domain is some big issue.
* Cruz had an older sister named Miriam. Sounds like a Jewish name to me. Except Jewish girls don’t become felons and drug addicts.
* ABC showed a graphic that around 8:30 Rubio had a lot of action on Twitter. But I think that’s when Christie was slapping him around.
@ Commentary on eminent domain. Trump really nailed the hypocrisy of conservatives who all support the Keystone pipeline but are against eminent domain. The Keystone pipeline will be owned by a private company, TransCanada, and it’s impossible for a pipeline to cross the country from north to south without eminent domain being used in some places. Some of the people whose property will be taken may even be little old ladies. But they will be COMPENSATED for it.
Also, I don’t understand the conservatives obsessing over the word “public” in the Fifth Amendment. The Amendment clearly implies that eminent domain is fine as long as property owners are “justly” compensated. The government decides what’s good for the public by allowing the eminent domain.
* Mary Katherine Ham is way hotter than Megyn Kelly from Fox. Maybe it’s because she’s 10 years younger.