Until now, I thought that Cruz was running a very smart campaign. Announcing Carly Fiorina as his VP was a pretty boneheaded move on several fronts.
1. It rules out an alliance with Kasich as his running mate.
2. Geraldine Ferraro? Sarah Palin? History has shown that women running mates don’t work well in the United States.
3. Fiorina is a psychopath.
4. She only had a brief period of time where she registered on the polls before her support collapsed. I don’t see her bringing in any voters who otherwise would have voted for Trump or Kasich.
5. Look at that face. Would anyone vote for that?
6. She ran HP into the ground.
7. People who care about the sex of the vice president and want a woman in that position wouldn’t vote for Cruz anyway, even if Susan B. Anthony herself became reincarnated and was willing to be his running mate.
Thanks to this bad move on Cruz’s part, I now confidently predict that Trump will win Indiana. (Plus Trump’s surprisingly extra-strong showing in the Northeast Super Tuesday and polls in Indiana showing Trump with a good lead.)
* * *
By the way, it looks like Trump swept all of Maryland’s delegates. As you know, I thought Kasich had a chance of winning one CD, but Trump even beat Kasich in Montgomery County where rich people who work in DC live, although I was correct that Kasich was stronger in that county than in the rest of the state. Trump only beat Kasich by 4 percentage points in Montgomery Country, but statewide he beat Kasich by a huge 31 percentage points.