Scott Adams agrees with me, Trump needs an October surprise
A few days ago, I wrote:
Trump’s only hope right now is:
1. Another ISIS attack big enough to to scare people into voting for him.
2. Hillary’s health problems manifest too obviously for the media elites to keep covering up.
3. Devastating Wikileaks release.
In his most recent blog post, Scott Adams agrees with me. He says that Trump won’t win unless one of the following things happens:
1. Voters discover that Clinton has been hiding a major health issue.
2. Wikileaks releases something damaging.
3. Trump over-performs at the first debate, showing the world that he is willing and able to master the issues.
4. Trump makes the case that the Clinton Foundation is really about selling influence to foreign concerns.
5. Trump gives a speech or interview that is so effective in its empathy that he no longer appears to be crazy and racist.
6. A new surprise revelation about Clinton that no one sees coming.
7. Terror attacks push everything else out of the headlines in the final months.
8. Someone assassinates Clinton because of Trump’s 2nd Amendment joke.
#8 is in bad taste, and even if it happens, if Trump gets blamed for it (as the media will most surely do), then most likely Kaine will win.
#3 and #5 won’t happen, because no matter how well Trump performs at a debate or giving a speech, the media will spin it as Trump is racist evil dark fascist unhinged Hitler 2.0. As a commenter noted a few days ago, Trump is really running against the media and not Hillary.